“Writing does not understand any boundaries, age is one of them”, this line fits well with our recent addition to the esteemed list of authors. A young 15 years old poetess that goes by the name -Porishtaes is here with us to share her journey of writing verses and becoming a published author using Voice Verso.
Porishtaes is a 15-year-old, just on the verge of finishing her 12 Board exams and looking forward to making her career in literature. Lets’ hear from a young school student and her journey to become a published author through her Book – Untraveled Roads to Sunshine, here.
1) What inspired you to write a Book?
I was in a conflict with myself, arguing about how I had decided my way of life when the silly thoughts became concrete.I knew where to go,I just did not know how to, and I am very grateful to VoiceVerso for each and everything.
2) How this idea of materializing a Book for verse come to you??
Poems have always earned me a bonus point, whether it was an essay for school, speech for competitions, verses for sharing, or just simple rants on being so depressed all the time. On finding VoiceVerso, I knew I had finally found out the way.
3) What message to young budding writers you wish to give ?
4) How is the landscape of publishing and sharing your voice through technology helped you?
What is the meaning of Porishtaes? Why this pen name ?
The meaning of Porishtaes…well, it is the name of my angels, my FARISHTES (in Hindi), so yes it holds a very important meaning and place to me.
6) Any new book you are working on?
For now,I am just focusing on enhancing myself, the rest depends on future.
7) Book seems to be more of romance and erotic poetic collection? Any similarity /inspiration drawn from your personal life ? How?
My first poem was a love poem, and since it is a very queer concept to me, I write more of it.Home lies within the darkness, hence no inspiration to give away for now 🙂 (giggles)
8) What sort of readers you believe will connect to this more ?
9) You are just 15, and you are already a published author. How does it feel?
Phew, 15 is a very difficult age, because boards and writing do not go along very well. But being a published author feels absolutely great. More than I can express.